next generation keyboard layout (illume)
ledzgio at writeme.com
Mon Jan 26 14:26:24 CET 2009
How can i install it on my SHR unstable?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michal Brzozowski"
To: "List for Openmoko community discussion"
Subject: next generation keyboard layout (illume)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:19:03 +0100
Here's a keyboard layout that I've created.
The idea is to have a finger friendly keyboard good for normal text
as well as terminal input. It needs some polish, but I'm sure you'll
have cool ideas how to make it better, so I'm releasing now.
- doesn't use the dictionary (I've found the dict too slow for now,
at least on SHR unstable)
- not using the dictionary, it can utilize the top part of the
keyboard app (see screenshots)
- Fn key that switches between qwerty and a layout with some special
characters, arrows and numbers
- Enter and backspace keys (so no finger sliding needed)
- Some keys are very thin and are on the edges of the screen. You use
them by pressing the GTA's case near the screen (I take no
responsibility if doing that damages your phone).
- No capslock.
- The very thin key on the left is tab, the very thin one on the
right is Enter.
- There is an up and down arrow to use for command line history.
- You can switch to another layout by sliding your finger up on the
keyboard (the keyboard selection button is covered by the keys).
The layout file:
I've only tested this on SHR unstable.
Openmoko community mailing list
community at lists.openmoko.org
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the community