shr- GPS howto?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Jan 26 14:41:14 CET 2009

> Really? The problem was noise from the SDcard electronics disturbing the
> gps receiver.  The software fix was to turn the sdcard clock off while
> the card isn't actively used.  But that don't help at all if the card
> _is_ in use most of the time - for example if you're running your linux
> distribution from the card. Or are playing songs stored on the card. Or
> have your map tiles on the card.
>
> The capacitor makes the SDcard less noisy - even when it is being used
> all the time. I can get a fix and use the gps while listening to music,
> for example.

iirc
- the problem was not noise as such but difficulties of coexistence on the
sdio
- the solution you are pointing to, was only some rough first draft.
the kernel patch used eventuially works different.

and imo andy wrote some time ago that the sw patch ist better than the hw
one ...

feel free, to check the archives.