which file system for sd card?

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jan 26 16:21:23 CET 2009

> Anyway, I'm also inclined for FAT, mostly for the simplicity (thus "less
> susceptibility to corruption") and universality of the fs. I'm just left

I'd stay away from FAT: its simplicity makes it less susceptible to
software bugs, maybe, but still susceptible to corruption.

The general recommendation is to go with ext3 (ext2 is more likely to
get corrupted on crash or power loss, and fsck is a pain in the rear).
The potential performance (and wearout) issue with the journal is
only theoretical.

        Stefan