next generation keyboard layout (illume)

"Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster" bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:37:01 CET 2009

Michal Brzozowski schrieb:
> 2009/1/26 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org <mailto:rms at 1407.org>>
>

>     >
>     > Pressing the case to simulate a mouse press at the edge of the
>     touch screen
>     > is a really cool undocumented feature :-)
>     > I do it regularly to use these extremely thin scroll bars in
>     some apps
>
>     Yes, but maybe it's undocumented because it's not supposed to
>     happen and
>     gremlins may eat the durability of the device sooner :)
>

> Time will show, hopefully not until GTA03 comes out :-)

i found out, that this (utilizing the whole available space ) only works
because of the name of the kbd layout.
explanation: my defualt kbd was called Alpha.
I edited the next-gen kbd to meet my needs and renamed it to Alpha.kbd
after deactivating an reactivating teh illume kbd (in the kbd menu) i
realized, that the kbd got bigger, because the size is calculated from
the first kbd-layout that is in the list of available layouts.
i think this might be the same resize (or at least a similar) bug, that
prevents the kbd from utilising the space in 4:3 mode (it is only
resized if you deactivate and reactivate the kbd from within the config
menu).
so i renamed my numbers.kbd to 12345.kbd.

I mean yes, it is awesome!!! (but i dont like sliding my finger to
change kbds since i've got a whole lot of them, but this is matter of taste)

...but i am not sure how long this will work