Pimlico on the Freerunner ?

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Jan 27 13:23:28 CET 2009

The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> I was discussing how you might do this on IRC. The problem is when
> multiple apps are trying to wake up from suspend; I understand the
> hwclock interrupt can only have one value. You need a program managing a
> priority queue of interrupts or the like. I suggested using cron for
> this, but I'm not strong enough with the source to hack it myself. :P

Apps should definitely not program the timer themselves.
They should call into linux instead, for example by sleeping until the
desired point in time.

Linux already support hundreds of sleeping apps using only one timer on
a pc. The timer is simply set to expire at the first upcoming event.
I don't know if the freerunner kernel uses a timer capable of
waking the phone from suspend when managing sleeping processes - but it
could be made to do so.

Helge Hafting