buzz fix (was: Pulster offer - Freerunner now 249 eur)

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Jan 27 14:13:44 CET 2009

Al Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2009, Yorick Moko wrote:
>> buzz and gsm fixes are even documented on the wiki (no need to search
>> in the e-mails)
>> only the audio-fix (big capacitator to provide more bass isn't; hoping
>> to see that one documented as well
>
> There's some fairly detailed discussion of audio mods on the hardware list
> which could be copied into the wiki, but there is no 'official' mod. I
> suspect there won't be one either, mostly because big caps won't fit in the
> space available, and relocating them to outside the screening can could
> easily reintroduce buzz.

Another option:
Short the too small capacitors, so there are no capacitors at all. Then
add the big caps outside the screeming, but this time with no need to
connect to anything inside the screening.  Just break the connection
anywhere, and insert a nice big cap. The easiest place of all then, is
obviously to add the caps to the headset. Of course then you only have
one useable headset.

Or break the connection between the plug and circuit board, and put the
caps somewhere inside. There is lots of room above the SIM card.

Helge Hafting