Someone stole my Neo Freerunner... :(

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:30:38 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at hist.no> wrote:
> Later I was on a car trip, not driving. So I watched tangogps for a
> while. Then I got the idea to test again, knowing that the gps was
> working. So I sent the message again - from the phone to itself. And
> again nothing happened.  The keyed message eventually showed up in the
> sms inbox, with the first letter removed. Tangogps showed movement all
> the time. I tried twice, but I never got a reply with any coordinates.

If the first letter is missing then it won't work as the match has to
be complete. This seems to be some kind of network ( or possibly
Freerunner specific issue ) as I've had the missing character reported
before. I have always tested by sending from a different phone. I'll
test again using the freerunner to track itself.

>> What distro did you try it on ?
>>
> SHR of dec.16, which I still use. A good distro in that calls, sms,
> music, and gps all works - although it could use some polishing.
>
>> Did you run it from the command line and check what status messages it
>> was sending ?
>>
> I didn't think of that, it is worth a try.
>

>> It works but can take a very very long time to get a fix and return
>> the SMS you are waiting for.
>>
> I know - so therefore I tested it when I already had a good fix. gpsd is
> supposed to be able to serve several clients at the same time.

SHR uses fso-gpsd and the will handle multiple clients.

Angus

--
Angus Ainslie
http://www.handheldshell.com/