New Default Illume Keybd Layout

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Tue Jan 27 23:50:56 CET 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 02:22:57 -0500 John Sullivan <john at wjsullivan.net> said:

> Brock <awwaiid at thelackthereof.org> writes:
>
> > I extracted it and dropped it into place to work in debian. I've been
> > using it for several days and like this layout quite a bit... I threw in
> > a fuzz factor of 60 for sloppy slapping the keyboard, works great.
> >

> Same here, on Debian. Haven't tried the fuzz factor yet but we'll see.
>
> But something I've been meaning to look into for a while -- the font
> used for the letters on the keys and for the word suggestions above the
> keyboard is very very small. Is there an interface to set that somewhere
> or do I need to edit the theme file? It's a bigger font on SHR and FSO.

fonts should scale with the illume default profile - according to DPI. making
the fonts bigger will simply reduce the amount you can read. fonts on the
keyboard itself are not relevant as it fuzzy-matches anything nearby. the word
suggestions already have little enough space as-is... but you can play with a
custom scaling factor for e's ui - u'll need a restart for it to fully take
effect (restart of just e). but this will in general scale everything that is
scaleable. other than that the theme very much has a hand in setting the base
font sizes (relative to eachother) and the suggestions font size is the same
standard size used in all buttons/labels etc. etc.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com