what tests for (non working) 3G SIM?

Niall Haslam niall at sgenomics.org
Wed Jan 28 10:35:57 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 10:23, Arigead wrote:
> Sargun Dhillon wrote:
> > When reporting broken 3G SIMs please give us the output of:
> > root at om-gta02:~# cat /dev/ttySAC0 &
> > root at om-gta02:~# echo -en 'AT\r' >/dev/ttySAC0
> > root at om-gta02:~# echo -en 'AT+CGMR\r' >/dev/ttySAC0
> > +CGMR: "HW: GTA, GSM: gsm_ac_gp_fd_pu_em_cph_ds_vc_cal_amd8_ts0-Moko10"
> > root at om-gta02:~# kill %1

I got my 3G capable sim from vodafone de working last night after flashing to
moko10.  However, as per the wiki I ran the above commands and didn't get any
response on the phone. The phone works, I could call and whatnot.

> Sorry I should have said my phone is a bit confused and the command
> "cat /dev/ttySAC0 &"
> returns immediately as "done" so there is no output from the other echo
> commands. I'll reflash the phone and see if I can get some sense out of it.

Mine too. Thats what I meant by no response above. I'll be testing the Ireland
three and uk three sim on the cards later this week and will let you know how
I get on.

Niall.