[SHR] Miscellanious minor issues
pander at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 29 01:05:45 CET 2009
I've been an FDOM-adept and am new to SHR. I am using it now and this
distributions holds a lot of potential. I completely understand that
this is an unstable distribution and it has an issue tracker (which I use).
Nevertheless, I hope you can answer the following some questions on some
issues, or at least I hope they can be input as a simple test report.
Excuse me if they contain trivial things or too well know issues:
1) One of the opkg repositories is non existing, so I disabled it for
root at om-gta02 /etc/opkg $ cat armv4-feed.conf
#src/gz shr-armv4 http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//armv4
Will this repo come on line or is it depreicated and should the
definition be removed from opkg configuration all together?
2) The repos have a lot of double slashes (//), see:
root at om-gta02 /etc/opkg $ grep \/\/ *
all-feed.conf:src/gz shr-all http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-unstable/ipk//all
Should these remain like this or is this a no-brainer?
3) Today (29 Jan 2009) I did an opkg update and opkg upgrade and Mofi
Wifi hangs when I run it, even before the menu comes up. Is this known?
What could be a fix? Will wicd be ported to SHR?
4) Sometimes the scroll bar on the left is gold (see contacts) and
sometimes it is black (see settings).
5) Can the vote plugin be installed inside of SHR Trac?
6) How do I have a virtual Illume keyboard popup for the terminal,
7) Will the GPS get an icon which indicates if it is powered on, off,
and perhaps even the number of satellites it is receiving correctly.
8) Anyone have a howto, script or some code to the GRPS working?
Thanks and keep up the good work,
More information about the community