[SHR] illume predictive keyboard is too slow

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Thu Jan 29 12:19:38 CET 2009

> This dictionary would have hundreds of millions of rows even if you take
> only reasonable user inputs.

why would that be? colloquial language (nad that's what is to be
considered) contains only several thousends words, still a lot but far
away from millions.

> But what to do if the users inputs something
> that's not in the dictionary?

but that's a problem with every dictionary -- you never can contain every
possible word.

i don't use the keyboard and i do not follow the discussion close, but
what always struck me odd was the use of a text file.
why not use a db? it would enable learning, too.