Finger friendly scrolling - Was: [SHR] Miscellanious minor issues

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at
Thu Jan 29 22:44:26 CET 2009

If done correctly, the scrollbar is the simplest(easiest to
understand) and quickest way to find a contact.  It is currently
extremely difficult to use the scrollbar in the SHR contacts app.
But, instead of making it always take up extra room, I would propose a
dynamic resizing.  Normally (when not in use) it's small like now.
But if the user touches near the right edge, it should "explode" into
a much bigger finger-friendly scrollbar.  Instead of just scrolling
the list, it would scroll one letter at a time (with adequate visual
feedback).  Then, when the user removes their finger from the screen,
the list will pop to the selected letter.

How does that sound?