[All] To build a better music player

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Fri Jan 30 17:02:37 CET 2009

Yes it is. The problem is the UI more than anything. Since the
freerunner is kinda slow and has no accelerated graphics, there is
input lag - especially when the CPU is pegged from the decoding. There
was a seek in the original pythm and I removed it because of that
reasons. I will play around with it.

I do not know GTK very well, so if anyone has any suggestions (code)
on how to draw better (i.e., bigger) sliders that would be helpful.
Knowing such things would help me improve the volume control as well.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko
<site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com> wrote:
> Thank you Dylan once again
>
> what about ability to seek within a song? is it doable for gstreamer?
>
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Dylan Reilly wrote:
>
>> To answer a few questions:
>
>> 1) The new gstreamer back-end uses mutagen to read tag data from mp3
>> and ogg and not ID3. You will want to use the package I made for
>> mutagen since no other exists. I did not bother updating the mplayer
>> back-end as consider that deprecated at this point. That one still
>> uses the ID3.py library which I did not include.
> --
>                                  .-.

Dylan Maxwell Reilly