Freerunner is running OpenWrt!

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Sat Jan 31 04:41:46 CET 2009

Mirko and others that helped here,
this is great stuff, congratulations!

> - kernel (2.6.28) is building and booting (merging the Openmoko and
> OpenWrt patchsets, whereof one (and that's not ours ;)) consists of
> either over 620 little non-atomic patches or one 10MB patchblob
> [kudos to git!], is no picnic (thanks to the work of Michael "mb"
> Buesch at this point!)

Can you extract the remaining diff between andy-tracking and what you
have and send them as patches to the kernel list? How does your kernel
build work? You take andy-tracking, apply a patchset, then build?
For now, I think you should build andy-tracking, and since it is
evolving quickly, it would be important to feed your patches back fast
otherwise you might have to uplevel them again and again, or risk
falling behind in your kernel version.
If you have OpenWrt-specific patches, where are they stored?

Best Regards,
Wolfgang