New archive file format (was: [omgps] collect feature requests)

mqy meng.qingyou at
Thu Jul 2 07:22:56 CEST 2009

XML is used as a database, elements can be easily added, modified, removed.
xor tends to be overkilled as of map tile usage -- we don't need iterating,
delete, and that much meta information. With my suggested design, we can
even add newly downloaded tiles:
insert record into meta database, and append tile content into "heap" file.