Rustling noise on phonecalls

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Thu Jul 9 14:04:37 CEST 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at> writes:
>> And i can't see why it can be better to tweak +CLVL instead of
>> tweaking the statefile.
> What if the Calypso distorts in its output stage? All your tweaking the
> Wolfson input stages will not matter then. Is there a proof that
> distortion in the Calypso output stage can never happen?

I run with AT+CLVL=255 and never heard distortion (except when i tried
A7-state file). I think all GSM networks normalize the signal so i'd
experience it if it was possible.

And i haven't seen any clear evidence that CLVL=255 can distort
anything, only anecdotical reports.

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at