running windows mobile applications on openmoko

mobi phil mobi at
Sun Jul 12 18:14:18 CEST 2009

without knowing the depth of WINE, I assume there are following things

1. an executable loader/remaper/dynamic linker etc.
2. mapping windows system/kernel calls to linux system/kernel calls

the same two things should be implemented... Why? because there are tons of
useful applications on windows mobile. Both 1 and 2 the more they would be
deeper embedded into an openmoko device, more people would consider the
linux device as an alternative... When I mean deeper embedded, means closer
to kernel... The more layers are between the slower the application will

afaik, wince has nothing in common with windows except the manufacturer,
> the name and some ideas of gui design.
well from programmers point of view, they are quite close to each other. The
main thing, gui programming is probably 60% of the main Win32 API of
windowsXP/NT etc.

mobi phil

being mobile, but including technology