Sms-sentry "patch" : call me back

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:09:37 CEST 2009

Hi all

I wanted to be able to send a sms to my freerunner (with another phone) and
then "make it" call me back on this another phone.
So I installed sms-sentry, and then add this few lines to
/usr/bin/sms-sentry in the function "on_incomming_message", just after the
bloc "if contents.startswith("sentry")"

[code]
if contents.startswith("my_secret_password"):
    print "Calling back the sms sender"
    mycommand = 'mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.Initiate u\\"' +
sender + '\\" u\\"voice\\"'
    res = os.popen(mycommand)
    print "Appel en cours"
[/code]

Then you can try to send you a sms with the content : my_secret_password ,
and a call should be initiated.
I personnaly use it to listent to my baby when I go to some friends and she
sleps in another room.

NB :
* it is very rough. If someone knows how to handle properly the dbus command
to initiate the call with the dbus python bindings, please help :D
* You can change the "my_secret_password" into whichever password you like.
* Be aware that you will pay for the call initiated by your freerunner (it
calls you back !).
* Be carefull to respect the indentation of the python script.
* I hope the email won't break the lines between the [code]

Kimaidou