Freerunner Chat Application: Suggestions wanted!

Alex Teiche xelapond at
Thu Jul 16 09:22:38 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I recently recieved my A6 FreeRunner, and have been looking for some coding
to do:)  I plan on writing a chat application(similar to Pidgin) optomized
for the small screen.  I was wondering what suggestions the community had
before I get too far into it.

What UI elements do you recommend I keep out front/put back in menus to save
Which protocols have the highest demand for implementation?
How should it deal with multiple concurrent chat sessions?
How should the user be notified when a new chat message is recieved?
Should logging be implemented?
Any other ideas/suggestions?

We all have our own opinions on these issues, so I just wanted a sense of
what the greater community thought.