[shr-unstable] Ring tone on SMS

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:51:14 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009 08:37:15 am Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On 7/16/09, c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >  If you were using notify_message.mp3 - it's no longer there in
> > /usr/share/sounds. Select another one - or copy it back from an old
> > tarball. HTH
> It is there, but as notify_message.wav. And default config was using
> Arkanoid_PSID.sid, which isn't there now.
> @Adam:
> I suggest reviewing conf changes when upgrading. Default configuration
> has been changed, so it's your fault that your sms ringtone isn't
> played ;)

According to SHR settings it is set up to use notify_message.wav (did a
reflash recently) but notify_message.wav is not in /usr/share/sounds so that
would be my problem.  Looking through the sounds that is on the phone by
default a lot of them are quite funny.  Would the wav file be in one of the
old SHR-Unstable tarball or would I need to get it from somewhere else.
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper