Freerunner Chat Application: Suggestions wanted!
xelapond at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:48:04 CEST 2009
Wow everyone, thanks for all your suggestions!
@Michael: Thanks for the offer, but I don't think its really worth the
learning curve of figuring out your whole code base. We've got how many GPS
or Web Browser apps now? Two more IM Clients can't hurt:)
Here are the things I have decided to implement for now:
* GUI Is definately going to be Elementary
* Backend is _probably_ going to be telepathy, though I am still considering
* I am going to start from scratch, not write a new GUI for Pidgin. I would
rather stay away from Pidgin after the whole forking over text box resizing
fiasco last summer.
* I will not implement IRC, because I assume most people that would want to
IRC from the FreeRunner know how or have set up an irssi+screen server
* I am trying to keep the scope of this very low, and just support the basic
necessities of a chat program(including conurrent sessions). A lot of apps
on the FreeRunner are pretty slow, and I don't think hardware is solely to
blame. I would rather have a faster program then a more featureful one.
* I am going to avoid small buttons, and instead opt for a large menu that
can pull down.
Thanks again for your encouragement everyone!
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <seba.dos1 at gmail.com
> > I don't know where FSO is at with a comprehensive contacts database
> > (i.e. beyond sim stored data), but it might be worth talking to them
> > about integrating your contacts store needs as an FSO api?
> opimd should work quite nicely at the moment.
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the community