Anti-Whining: Happy Moko Moments

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at
Fri Jul 17 01:10:55 CEST 2009

I am totally awed with this mini-comp with not-so-good-yet-workable GSM

But the best hack/trick I could try on my FR was when I was totally out of
any comp anywhere (linux/win) although there was WiFi available and I wanted
to flash SHR-U on the device.
Well it was so simple...I just browsed to shr-u images link and downloaded
the tar.gz. Created a new partition on my SD card. Untarred the image on
that parition. Put noboot-GTA02 in the original partition. Reboot and voila
I was working on SHR-U.
It was an amazing feeling:
* Flash your phone with a new OS
* No USB cable
* No trick to start flashing
* Using one distro to install another

woah! me any phone that can do fact i don't even know of any
mainstream linux distributions for desktop which would support that :)