using a FreeRunner without cellular service

jeremy jozwik jerjoz.forums at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 15:17:17 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Brolin Empey<brolin at brolin.be> wrote:
> I thought I could use flight mode to disable the GSM modem to improve the
> battery runtime when I do not need cellular service but still want to use
> the non-phone features, such as the Organiser, but then I discovered my
> phone lacks flight mode.  This might not be significant if I could use my
> phone without a SIM installed, but I cannot do that either.

this has more or less come up before. check out this thread:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000305.html

some where within there is a terminal print out you could assign to a
desktop shortcut. im about to head out or i would have found it for
you. should take care of what you need