Any distro with working calls?

Warren Baird wjbaird at
Mon Jul 20 16:06:32 CEST 2009

I've had pretty good luck with both QtEI (now called qtmoko) and OM2009TR5 -
On OM2009 I had to tweak the default alsa config a bit.  A thread about it,
with what I did and various comments is at
- note that there is some debate over whether this is a good idea.

If you are having problems with the audio quality, I'd suggest you get a
buzz fix as soon as possible.  Until then, I'd suggest you tweak the alsa
config file to see if you can get something usable - my process was to set
my laptop next to a landline - run alsamixer via ssh, and then dial the
landline from my FR.  I then basically experiemented with the controls
described in
I got something relatively buzz-free that still let me hear the other