New Open Hardware company

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Mon Jul 20 20:52:36 CEST 2009

Ah,
you are using MIPS? Yes, digging around shows an Ingenic JZ4720.

That is great since we already offer a low-cost Linux-Mini-Notebook
(7'' screen, QWERTY & WLAN) which uses the "bigger brother" JZ4730. We
have Debian running on it and it is called "Letux 400".

And there is a small but nice community around such devices:

http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/WebHome
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/mipsbook-devel/

Nils has mostly completed a 2.6 kernel with Angstrom.

So let me invite qi-hardware to support our project,

Nikolaus

Am 20.07.2009 um 20:29 schrieb Kiam Peng Wee:

> is there any reason for using mips?
>
> KP

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People