Anti-Whining: Happy Moko Moments

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at
Wed Jul 22 08:52:01 CEST 2009

> I can add three special use cases from customers and friends:
> a) one Freerunner is used as the on-board computer of a student-
> built racing car ("Formula Student")
> b) two Freerunners have been used in the German Historic Museum in
> Berlin for a SMS noteboard to attract and entertain visitors
> c) one Freerunner was shot into space (really!) - I hope I get
> permission soon to post a link to photos

Permission has been granted (thanks to Bernd) by Deutsches Zentrum für
Luft- und Raumfahrt (German Aerospace Center - DLR:

Here is a link to the rocket project: (english)

and a link to the (german) forum where you can see the photos of the
Freerunner mounted to the equipment carrier and the launch (on 22th
May 2009):