Run browser as root. Do I want to do *THAT* ? :(

roby hariseldon78 at
Wed Jul 22 14:26:48 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Marcel <tanuva at> wrote:

> su $username -c "/program/binary"
> does the job, basically. Just that su requires you to enter a password on
> the command line. I don't know about another way though...

if you are root you don't need the password to "su" as a normal user.
the problem is that if you don't set up a password for the root user this
method is useless because one could in some way run a script from the
browser taking the root privileges.

a false security is worst than no security!