testing Litephone, new phone interface

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Jul 29 15:32:34 CEST 2009

Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gave it a try and wrote an FSO based phone app in Qt. It's using the
> new PIM service, and since that's not completely stable yet, there are a
> few problems. I'm releasing this anyway, to help test FSO, and meanwhile
> get some feedback on the gui and general idea. Consider it an alpha
> release. There might be little bugs here and there.

I installed on shr-unstable, killed ophonekitd, ran the registration
script and started litephone like this:

$ litephone style_sheet.conf

This resulted in tons of error messages. Lots of these:
QDBusArgument: write from a read-only object
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged

And it ended with these messages:
QDBusArgument: write from a read-only object
QDBusArgument: write from a read-only object
INFO: New dbus call: org.freesmartphone.opimd
/org/freesmartphone/PIM/Messages/Queries/2
org.freesmartphone.PIM.MessageQuery GetResult;
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
QDBusArgument: write from a read-only object
QDBusArgument: write from a read-only object
INFO: before 19
FATAL: data.cpp: 76 : void Data::sort(const QString&, bool): check
failed: row.getValue(column, &value):

It did not get to the GUI.

> The basic idea on the GUI is that it is packed in one window, the
> various 'modules' (contacts, messages, dialer, etc) placed into tabs. No
> popup windows.

I like the idea, and the screenshots looked fine too.
A phone app that runs all the time can respond quicker.

Helge Hafting