SHR testing won't boot - jffs2 error ?

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Mon Jun 1 02:43:17 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:45:06AM +1000, Chris Samuel wrote:

> I don't get the GC error that the full testing version gives, just three non-
> Qi related kernel messages, one about pcf50633-rtc being unable to read the
> hardware clock

   You need to upgrade the kernel then. I see you mention 2.6.28 in another
message. You need to have a version with this patch in it:

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=cc1663fc922c03feb0d7bbb8b18d62fbac0128de

   Likewise for the GTA01 (pcf50606-rtc):

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=60c66130a4467ca2a2994a6e3d7d5ac63839eefb

(Symptoms of the bug are e.g. failures to read the hardware clock at the
ends and beginnings of months.)

> and two others about regulators and then it just hangs. :-(

   Try a recent 2.6.29-rc3 kernel.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen