Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Mon Jun 1 13:16:10 CEST 2009

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at> writes:
>> and standby time jumping up 25% looks a lot to me.
> If you find a way to DIY to gain these 25%, please share with us.

In fact overall time required for hand rework is roughly equal for
both buzz and #1024 fixes. If one has already dismounted the can
(quite easy if one is careful) then changing that particular capacitor
is not a problem at all for a skilled person, it's SMT0805 size, big
enough comparing to 0402 R and it's very conveniently located.

This is for purely informational purposes for DIY-ers, i'm not
recommending any distributors to offer this rework, quite the

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at