Fundamental Qi question

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Mon Jun 1 18:45:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:07:10PM +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:

> My MUA is flexible enough to strip _forged_ Reply-To header that this
> list errorneously adds to every mail. So i'm perfectly aware how this
> fucking mailing list works and i had to explicitly workaround this
> stupidity.

   There's a header field for this purpose. Use it:

   In mutt, I just hit 'L' - list reply - and it figures it out. Of course,
if you send a copy to someone directly, that header field is missing and the
list server doesn't send a duplicate to the directly addressed recipient,
who then has to manually edit the addresses when replying. So please don't
put both the list and a person on the list in the To/Cc fields.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen