Debuzzing

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:48:30 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> writes:
> Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Aother note to all who read this: the Buzz rework is only required if
>> you have the Buzz problem.
>
> Hmm, wasn't there an environmental component as well, i.e., band and
> signal strength ? So changes in the network, e.g., traveling, moving,
> or the provider messing with things, might bring buzz to phones that
> still lacked that experience.

AFAICT, you're completely right. I can't fully understand why
Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller thinks that the buzz rework is not always
required (probably some people never travel/move and use the same band
and network without provider doing anything). OTOH if a person uses FR
as a phone for a year and doesn't experience the buzz problem and he
is not going to change network or places where he uses his phone,
probably chances he'll get problems with buzz are low.

I'd say that's something that every person should decide for himself,
the only thing that needs stressing is "there's no buzz-free devices
(unless it's A7 or a reworked one), there're some good external
conditions which might or might not eventually change". Probably Joerg
will want to comment more.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com