Freerunner's Future

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jun 2 18:44:04 CEST 2009

Hi Sean,

Thanks for all the fish :) [fortunatly without a "So long and" in the
beggining] and most of all thanks for communicating all this.

Most companies are not so bravely outspoken, and I'm only sad it didn't
go better in the "end". As a phoenix, it has the potential to rebirth
as a glorious firebird.

Moving along, although the phone is very open, there are a few problems
that are hidden under NDAs. Without improvement in this area, I fear the
Freerunner is as good as dead, and only the next model will have some
hope.

For now, I'm hoping my Freerunner improves enough to last long, as I don't
expect another Free Software phone to come up anytime soon.

Best of luck on the new venture,
Rui