Freerunner's Future

Dave Ball openmoko at
Tue Jun 2 23:55:21 CEST 2009

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 12:30:21AM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at> wrote:
>>> For now, I'm hoping my Freerunner improves enough to last long, as I don't
>>> expect another Free Software phone to come up anytime soon.
>> Don't forget about GizmoForYou project with its Flow, as just an example:
> Flow looks sleek, but what about it's commitment to Free Software? I really
> don't know, can you help me know more?

The flow project itself seems pretty open, but it depends on gumsticks,
which have closed hardware but seem to be widely supported by open
software & corresponding communities.

It sounds an interesting project, and will be available much sooner than
the gta02-core or 'future' work which we have started, although these OM
/ gta derivatives might have more potential in the longer term.

I echo everyone elses thanks to Sean and the rest of the team that have
had involvement with OM - you guys both achieved a lot, and did so
openly in a way that gives us a platform to build from.  Through the
last couple of years and now, thanks for communicating as openly as you

It's down to us now, and I look forward to both contributing myself, and
benefiting from the contributions from the whole community.