Launcher/Home Page (alpha) Release 0.20

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at
Wed Jun 3 19:49:01 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 12:02:46 Petr Vanek wrote:
> >In contrast to Warner I really like the scroll bar at the bottom, and
> >I find it not only nice looking, but also very easy to use with one
> >hand. The only problem I found so far is that it scrolls not only
> >horizontally but also vertically.
> yes, i was looking at the same scroll bar used in illume settings and
> there it doesn't scroll up and down, which might be the reason why the
> response is so funny...

Yes, thats true... The toolbar in illume's settings is easier to use because
it doesn't scroll horizontally.

I've noticed this in other apps too. All lists scoll slower if the
smooth-bounce-back-at-end feature is enabled. Altough it looks very nice, it
may be too heavy for the freerunners hardware.

But, this also seems to be a common problem of elementary. For example look at
Neon. It scrolls really smooth. I have no idea what toolkit they use,

Apart from this I'd vote for the toolbar and against the dropdown list.

Thanks c_c!