Fundamental Qi question

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 4 06:55:09 CEST 2009

roguemoko at roguewrt.org wrote:
> I booted from flash and SD card for quite some time.

I think it's best to consider Qi as an SD-centric solution and to
plan migrating towards SD.

NAND support is only there because of the GTA01/GTA02 legacy and it
has limitations compared to SD. While technically possible to bring
NAND support in Qi on par with SD, I think it would just make things
more complicated and lure people into using NAND whereas SD is the
future.

In the GTA03 design, we would not have used NAND for anything but
storing Qi and read-only factory data. Likewise, for gta02-core, I
wouldn't consider using u-boot.

- Werner