[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sat Jun 6 10:03:05 CEST 2009

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 07:42:51 +1000
Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 11:56:14 pm Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
>
> > well, there we're indeed dependent on the kernel itself. Is this a
> > stable 2.6.28-based kernel?
>
> It's 2.6.24mw-g291a9d50 - much older!

2.6.24? Hmmm ... qtmoko will work, but you'll probably get double sms's
and indications of missed calls for every incoming call ...
O no, wait, I fixed those. Probably the issue will be that the system
will not unsuspend when receiving an sms, I believe that was kernel
related (modem). But there have been fixes in that area too, so you
might want to test some stuff:

- outgoing call
- incoming call
- incoming call while in suspend
- outgoing sms
- incoming sms
- incoming sms while in suspend
- alarm
- alarm wakes the phone while in suspend (see that the atd package is
  installed for this to work)
- bluetooth (since you run on 2.6.24 kernel, bluetooth should work as
  long as you don't suspend, but of course don't uninstall bluetooth as
  per my install script then)

Franky