How to get started with Openmoko phone?
mikeumo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 04:38:28 CEST 2009
I would like to use a Linux-based open-hardware phone for my phone
communications. I would like to try Neo Freerunner. How do I do that? Namely:
1) Is there any particular kind of wireless carrier (in US) I need to
2) Do I need to tell the carrier that I shall be using a linux-based phone?
3) Can I use Nextel or ATT and T-mobile are my only national carrier options?
4) How do I get a SIM card for the phone?
5) Can I text (SMS) -- I intend on using Qtopia at the beginning?
6) Can I sync addresses etc with my desktop?
I have been using Sprint (CDMA) -- so I am quite unfamiliar with the GSM world
(and a phone that does not come with the service) -- I would appreciate any
(obvious) tips on how to get from buying the FreeRunner to making and
receiving calls and text messages.
Thank you for your time --
More information about the community