[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Jun 7 08:56:52 CEST 2009

Shashank Bharadwaj wrote:

> I tried qmplayer, it played mp3 songs from my computer using the share
> option. But it refused to play an avi file of a music video on the
> phone, though it could play it on the computer. How do i debug this
> and provide you with more information?

If you download avi from PC via the sharing option, then PC must have
installed mencoder. The first attempt to download avi starts mencoder
and next attempt after encoding is done downloads the avi.

On phone you need glamo version of mplayer - this should be handled
by installation scripts. If not then just delete /usr/bin/mplayer and
qmplayer will download and install correct mplayer from my homepage
when you attempt to play something.

So debug output can be seen when qmplayer is started from console.

Hope it helps :)

Radek