intone a2dp (bluetooth) support

Adam Jimerson vendion at
Sun Jun 7 18:59:38 CEST 2009

On Sunday 07 June 2009 10:50:48 am Yorick Moko wrote:
> I find intone by far the best music app (low cpu usage); but I can't
> find a way to route the audio through
> Currently I use mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth /mp3/
> I would love it if this would be possible with intone.
> Does anybody know a way, or is there some work begin done?
> btw: some info from joerg:
> general rule: no audio app shall have a hardcoded audio device. A
> setup option is mandatory
> the only valid botch would be to have a unique dedicated device like
> e.g. 'alsa-intone', then set up .asound to associate a physical device
> to this symbolic name
> nevertheless a lot of audio apps are borked and use a hardcoded
> 'default' device. This is absolutely deprecated

I don't know if work on this is being done on this but if you don't get a
reply on this list then I would suggest leaving a comment on,, and suggest it there I'm sure it can be
done with intone.
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper