intone a2dp (bluetooth) support

c_c cchandel at
Sun Jun 7 19:22:20 CEST 2009

Yorick Moko wrote:
>>Currently I use mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth /mp3/
>>I would love it if this would be possible with intone.
 Well, I'm running mplayer from intone without any audio output driver. I
think of having an option for bluetooth - but was not clear if I would then
to set up the device too (pairing etc). Hence, the current status.

  What would be the best way to do this? I could pick up the audio output
from a configuration file. Or does anyone have any other ideas?

  Especially, if users need to switch from the FR speaker / headphone to
device and vice versa - is intone expected to handle this?

Yorick Moko wrote:
>>general rule: no audio app shall have a hardcoded audio device. A
>>setup option is mandatory
>>the only valid botch would be to have a unique dedicated device like
>>e.g. 'alsa-intone', then set up .asound to associate a physical device
>>to this symbolic name
 I'm note very clear on this. Can someone throw some light on how to do