Mokomapper.py: Script for easy OSM mapping on the road: mokomapper.py

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Jun 8 15:31:55 CEST 2009

Hi there!

There was a discussion about easy openstreetmap mapping with
Freerunner on the road.

I found mokomapper
(http://tui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tui/tui/mokomapper.py?view=markup)
some months ago (=I didn't write it, but pavel (CC'd this mail to him)
and mentioned it in the thread. Someone requested some screenshots so
here you are: http://kurppa.fi/freerunner/mokomapper/ The readme file
also has some output log of the script. I think the output is not in
valid OSM format because of the broken GPS connection (maybe, I don't
know..).

I don't know how to use the app or how to import the stuff to OSM but
to me it looks like it really is going to the right direction. It
allows you easily to pinpoint road to left, road to right, different
types of roads, crossroads etc etc and I'd think you could add some
more items there quite easily since it's a simple python script..

So if there's anyone with some python skills, it'd be great to give
some love to this script so we all could easily do OSM mapping with
only FR around.

To use:
wget http://tui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/tui/tui/mokomapper.py?revision=1.4
-O mokomapper.py