[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 12

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Jun 8 20:20:12 CEST 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:13:28 +1000
Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 05:23:41 pm Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
>
> > Hi Chris,
>
> Hiya,
>
> > if this is true, then there's probably a kernel module issue in
> > 2.6.28 with QtMoko. This needs to be tested then.
>
> Could well be!  I did have TangoGPS working with OM2009 TR4 too
> (using their supplied 2.6.29-rc2 kernel, which has the wrong
> filename, claims to be 2.6.28!).
>
> > But again: I never managed to get a fix with any distro, so I don't
> > think it will be possible for me to do testing at all, but when I
> > get back from holidays I'll try to spend some time on this issue.
>
> No worries, if there's anything I can do to help then please let me
> know!  I suppose it could also be a hardware issue on your phone
> too.. :-(
>
> cheers,
> Chris

Well, I found the first issue at least: the neogps app uses an old path
to power on the gps device.
I changed this now, but until a new build arrives, use this script
(compatible with 2.6.24 and >=2.6.28):
#!/bin/sh

if [ -e /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0 ]; then
  echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/power_on
fi
# for older kernels
if [ -e /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron ];
then
  echo 1 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron
fi
Do an "echo 0" to power it down after usage.

Also, I've seen a bug report go by that tells me there's an issue with
gps and 2.6.28 kernels in that you can't reenable the gps after
unsuspend, so you might want to try without suspending as well.

Franky