a starting point for a community organization charter on the wiki

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Jun 11 09:04:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Jeremy
McNaughton<jeremy.mcnaughton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've started a (very rough) draft charter for the community
> organization on the wiki here:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Charter
>
> With a little help this could eventually become our charter for a
> sub-group of Linux International.

Great Jeremy, I respect your work to help the community to go to a
direction and not just mess around! I think that the idea of a
foundation is great and skilled people (like you) are needed to set it
up.

I hope that people will get involved in the discussion and people with
experience about organizations and foundations would step up. Don't be
ashamed, we need you!

and Jeremy, I don't think you're stepping on anyone's feet as long as
things are open and you welcome people to participate. If someone
feels ignored, they should again tell you that.

I wouldn't oppose if you had some leader position - the leader doesn't
have to know everything about everything as long as he has people to
work with, who know at least the most of something :)