[SHR] create opkg-packages

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:51:54 CEST 2009

I created an ipk by hand the other day (as there was no OE recipe).
So, it is possible.

Firstly, an ipk is created using ar, not tar.
The ipk contains control.tar.gz and data.tar.gz (created using tar
-czf).  Extract a working ipk to see what goes in these tar.gz's.
The ipk will not work unless the top-level contents of the two
tar.gz's is the . directory.  Call tar from the command line with
"./whatever" to get tar to put everything under a . directory.

-Steven