Edje question: doing real work while animating

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 09:33:16 CEST 2009

Dear List,

I hope there are some edje expert here;)

Im trying to animate the action when clicked on people->contacts
detail ->phonenumber.
Please see this commit:
http://git.paroli-project.org/?p=paroli.git;a=commit;h=77a5a8db15293a95572e92406e5e99e3a02190a8

The problem is right now, that it animates and only AFTER it launch the dialer.
The animation takes about 1 sec and launching dialer takes about 2 sec.

Now it takes about 3 sec to launch!
I want to ease the waiting pain, by having simultaneous animation.

The goal is having the animation WHILE the dialer is loading.
And not before in a sequential order.

I have took out the relevant code:
http://pastebin.com/m215bf556

And I had a tip, that doing the animation in his own program,
and the event handling should only contain the programs what
needs to be executing.
Something like this:
http://pastebin.com/m6a9cb2c6

But with this approach the animation is completely missed.

Can somebody shred more light here?

Best regards,
 Laszlo

ps:  in the whole edje/embryo programming is not clear what
executes parallel and what sequential.