some questions before buying FreeRunner

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 09:04:28 CEST 2009

a dehqan <dehqan65 at gmail.com> writes:

> so it is possible to braze components by hand yes ?
> Would you say what components exactly are needed in C work ?

If you can solder 0402, yes. For details see [1].

>>> It is long time just debian based have been used on pc ,there is
>>> not problems and knowing linuxs .  but important question , does
>>> FR catch owner time each day for any reason ?e.g for almost all
>>> activity with FR should users  spend time each day ?
>>
>> No, if you don't upgrade software it stays the same and most users are
>> able to find something that works stable enough.
> Do you mean om softwares ?

I mean software you use on the phone.

>>>   So why dont you use invisible shield ?just trousers has packets
>>> ,How much are lenght and width sizes of FR ?  Do you advice using
>>> invisble shield ,wont invisble shield make screen sensitivity to
>>> be decreased ?
>>
>> I use screen protection from day 1. It's a regular PDA screen
>> protector, bought in a nearby cellphone shop. I don't think it
>> decreases TS precision.
> With invisible-shield would FR place in trousers packets easily ?
> would you link that pda screen protector ?any picture ?

I can't see how invisible-shield can affect placing device in
pockets. To get a general idea of what is that, see [2]. Or go to the
nearby cell phone shop, i hope they have some.

>> 1. Buzz
>> 2. #1024 recamping (there's software workaround)
>> 3. Complete lack of bass with any wired headphones
> would you explain more about #1024 recamping problme ?

[3]

[1] http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/GSM_EMI_noise/big-C_rework_SOP_rc2.pdf
[2] http://www.zagg.com/company/application_instructions.php
[3] https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1024