Navit internal GUI

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Sun Jun 14 23:39:33 CEST 2009

> I have used navit for a while now and today I have updated to
> svn-2314. It gets better and better, but I still have my problems with
> some parts of the internal GUI.
>
> When adding more bookmarks than the screen can display I have no
> option to scroll in the bookmark list. So more than a hand full
> of bookmarks are unusable. (If I am not missing any way to lookup the
> bookmarks)
>
> When displaying the route description a next and prev button is shown
> and this could be used for all list data.
>
> Thinking about bookmarks, why not adding a feature to the address book
> to start navit with the contact as destination?
> (Or correlate the data anyhow)

Good point, if PIM could hold a value for coordinates it should not be too hard to implement this in any address book app.
It's 2 dbus calls to get the navit instance and another to set destination [1]

I did this with dbus-send after activating dbus interface of navit in navit.xml (centering works the same way as setting destination...):
dbus-send  --print-reply --session --dest=org.navit_project.navit /org/navit_project/navit org.navit_project.navit.iter
dbus-send  --print-reply --session --dest=org.navit_project.navit /org/navit_project/navit org.navit_project.navit.get_navit objpath:"/org/navit_project/navit/main_iter/0"
dbus-send  --print-reply --session --dest=org.navit_project.navit /org/navit_project/navit/navit/0 org.navit_project.navit.navit.set_center string:"geo:13.35 52.5"

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Dbus

Cheers,
 Christian