Howto get a specific kernel from kernel repository?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Tue Jun 16 08:34:19 CEST 2009

Shaz <shazalive at> writes:
> I want kernel 2.6.26-rc8 or 2.6.30 onwards for my development work on
> OpenMoko. If it cannot be checked out then is there some way that I
> can move around with patches to get there?

Why are you so specific? The version currently in OM repository is
2.6.29-rc3 based. There is a patch series sent upstream (Sun, 10 May
to LAKML) that are based on a more recent version.

AFAIK, nobody's planning a "great rebase", i.e. to rebase all the
gta0? support on HEAD of upstream. I think the plan is to wait for
upstream acceptance of the minimal machine support (that is likely to
happen on the next merge window i guess) and then to send the
remaining drivers/fixes upstream as the time permits.

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at