new qwerty keyboard, Literki

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Jun 16 12:53:09 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Michal Brzozowski<rusolis at poczta.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gave it a shot and made a new keyboard. It's only 2 days old, but it's
> working well for me so I'm announcing it.
>
> http://pvtrace.com/literki_0.0.1-r0_armv4t.ipk

Wow, indeed it works well! Took a screenshot:
http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/45efc9a263f2e114987c7b8bc8b02d5b.png

I'm using OM2009 and Paroli and I might start using this on daily
basis. I't much more faster and stabler than the illume keyb. I don't
need to change the keyb layouts to skip predictive stuff etc. Nice!

Some comments:
- Could you change the font of the letters, not it's serif, I'd maybe
prefer sans-serif (easier to read on screen)
- Would the letters be possible to align horizontally & vertically in
the middle of the key
- What's the square button in bottom left?
- Transparency is great in terminal usage! (OTOH it's hard to separate
two texts on top of each other..)
- what' the + bottom left?
- running on terminal it's dangerous to change the color of the keyb
to black.. Would it be possible to have the colour change icon in
another color than the rest or something to ease this..
- any changes of rounding the corners of the buttons to make it look
more modern (now it's simple & works but doesn't look very beautiful)
- I see you're not using the full width, because of scrollbars maybe?
- maybe more color options could be useful?

> - Configurable, let's you switch layouts, and make new ones.

Need instructions to build a layout with ö and ä  :) (and å for the
swedish people :)

> To do list:
> - Show/hide with AUX

Careful there: on OM2009 it's still used to launch settings so make it
optional..

> - Support screen rotating (involves making a separate layout for horizontal
> screen)

Yes!

Please push this to opkg.org!

Thank you!